I feel acknowledged
Inspired by the accolade
Given to me by Bloody Endurance – Tale of an Endurance Warrior
Thank you so much for nominating me for the “Beautiful Blogger Award”. To be nominated by my peers is more recognition that I could ever ask for!
When receiving this nomination, I need to first nominate other blogs I feel are deserving of praise, and additionally, I need to list seven random facts about myself.
First things first, I nominate:
- A Shade Of Pen
- Babylon Fall
All three are poets that I follow, support and admire.
Seven random things about Poetizing (that’s me!):
- I started writing poetry as far back as I can remember. It goes without saying that each poem is intensely personal and to me, is akin to a photo snapshot of where I am in my life.
- I struggle with low self-esteem, depression and insecurity. Thus, I consider myself a true “tortured poet” as these attributes are often the very drivers that inspire my poems.
- I lost my father to suicide at the age of 17. Writing poetry is my way of honouring his memory.
- I am a backslidden Christian – but I am getting back on the narrow and winding path to Jesus.
- When I am not indulging my first love, i.e. to write, I love singing and reading.
- I have very strong views on alcohol and drugs – possibly because my father and Gran were alcoholics, and have seen many friends afflicted with substance abuse.
- I have a very small circle of family and friends as I share the truly intimate parts of my life with very few people.